Snag One of the First Reservations at Crown ShyBY Editor, May 16, 2019
Crown Shy is now open in the Financial District, and it’s bound to be a tough reservation to get in the coming months. Crown Shy is the first solo eatery from Chef James Kent after a successful stint at The Nomad. The menu here features a la carte items that are masterfully prepared and served with the kind of panache that you’d expect from such a skilled chef.
Choose from complex snacks and salads, a lovely variety of vegetarian dishes and thoughtful entrees like a whole branzino, pork, or short rib for two. Reservation are suggested for dinner, or you can try your hand at the bar for first come, first serve seating and bold cocktails. Crown Shy has very positive ratings on Yelp, and reviewers have been taking the time to write paragraph after paragraph about the experience. Be sure to heed their advice and get dessert — the sticky toffee pudding and inventive ice creams are truly something special.
Crown Shy’s bar opens daily at 4:45 p.m., and dinner service starts at 5:30 p.m.
- It’s Picnic Season! We Love These Jersey City Delis
- Make the Most of Your Patio or Balcony With These Decorating Tips
- Celebrate National Hot Dog Day in Jersey City on July 17
- Save the Date for the 24th Annual Jersey City Caribbean Carnival Parade on July 27
- Hosting a BBQ this Fourth of July? Check Out These Local Butcher Shops