Now Open Near Liberty Towes: ZusikBY Editor, June 18, 2019
New Korean spot Zusik has only been open a few months, but a quick glance at their Yelp page already has some pretty strong adjectives from happy patrons. Words like phenomenal and SO good (sometimes with multiple ‘o’s) regularly appear in the reviews, and many folks are also mentioning the reasonable prices for such elevated cuisine. Look for Asian dishes with a distinct South Korean flair, like braised pork belly with kimchi salad, pork rinds with chicken liver mousse, and tuna with yuzu compote. Everything on the menu is under $20, which is especially remarkable when you’re dining on such composed dishes with high end ingredients.
Zusik puts equal importance on their beverage selection (the name Zusik is actually a blend of ZU for alcoholic beverage and SIK for food), and in addition to craft cocktails, they also serve traditional Korean drinks like Chum-Churum, Hwa Yo and Hite Lager on draft.
Zusik opens at noon on weekdays, and at 10 a.m. on the weekends for brunch infused with more Korean flavors.
- It’s Picnic Season! We Love These Jersey City Delis
- Make the Most of Your Patio or Balcony With These Decorating Tips
- Celebrate National Hot Dog Day in Jersey City on July 17
- Save the Date for the 24th Annual Jersey City Caribbean Carnival Parade on July 27
- Hosting a BBQ this Fourth of July? Check Out These Local Butcher Shops